American Express Bluebird Prepaid Card - Latest Review 2021
Bluebird Prepaid Card is powered by American Express. Hi, this is John, and in today’s post, I am going to outline all the positive and negative aspects of Bluebird Prepaid debit cards. Is it a scam or legit? Let’s have a look
- 2 What is Bluebird Prepaid Card?
- 4 Negatives of Bluebird Prepaid card
- 6 How do I send money using Bluebird account?
- 9 How to view the Bluebird Prepaid Card balance?
- 11 Customer Service
- 13 Bluebird Alternatives
- 15 The bottom line
Bluebird prepaid debit card provided and governed by American Express. Bluebird is replete with features like no monthly or annual fees, no overdraft & inactive fees, and no minimum balance and credit score needed. It’s a fantastic alternative to checking accounts.
To obtain an American Express Bluebird Prepaid card, you don’t need to open a bank account. You can deposit and pay or make a purchase where American Express is acceptable.
Benefits of American Express Bluebird prepaid cards
There are many ways to add funds to a Bluebird account. Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of Bluebird American Express prepaid debit cards.
1. Free account
You can register for free online and download a card. Bluebird does not charge to create an account. You can also purchase a temporary card at Walmart for $5. It is a one-time charge.
2. No monthly or inactive charges
Many rapid card providers offer this service today. However, there is no hidden fee on the Bluebird Prepaid Card. There is also no overdraft fee.
3. Many Ways to Reload
There are many ways to reload your Bluebird prepaid card or fund it with a Bluebird account. Alternatively, you can add cash to your Walmart account by direct deposit, bank transfer, or bank account registration. You can even deposit checks using your mobile device. Open the Bluebird Mobile applications and scan the check to deposit funds. It’s a great feature. I liked it. Add funds transactions total $100000 per year for all of your Bluebird Accounts.
4. Free ATM
At over 24000 Money Pass ATMs, including Money Center Express Machines at Walmart, you can withdraw cash for free. However, you have to pay to withdraw cash unless you use an in-network ATM. Walmart allows you to withdraw up to $2900 in cash per day from ATMs. But you will pay $3 to $9 at Walmart. And out of network ATM charges of $2.50.
5. Complimentary Bill Pay
You can conveniently pay your bill online at Bluebird or by using their mobile app with your smartphone for no fees. Pay your car bill at online stores accepting American Express with no fees. Even family and friends can send and receive money to and from you without any fee if they have a Bluebird account.
6. Family Account
Using a family account is a great way to manage your family’s finances. Bluebird allows you to create up to four separate family accounts for teens and other family members. You can also set spending limits and allow access to ATMs. You can even give them their own Bluebird cards.
7. 24/7 client service
Almost all prepaid card providers offer 24/7 customer support, and it’s mandatory. Bluebird is also not far behind this trend. They offer a great 7/24 customer care center.
Negatives of Bluebird Prepaid card
The world is not perfect. As well as some pros, there are some negatives to the Bluebird prepaid card. Here are a few of them:
1. Less widely than visa and MasterCard
Like Visa and Mastercard American Express is not widely recognized by merchants. And MoneyPass is the only way to withdraw cash for free. Also, there is no way to get rebates with a debit purchase at merchants.
2. Late Check deposit
You can directly deposit your bank check by scanning it, but it takes 10 business days for it to clear. However, if you want it within 15 minutes, you have to pay for same-day delivery. The fee for clearing mobile checks on the same day increases from 1% to 5%. The Bluebird mobile app allows you to load checks worth up to $2500 onto the card.
3. There is no bank deposit
Nowadays almost all prepaid cards can recharge with bank deposits. But there is no way to recharge your prepaid card via a bank deposit. We expect the authorities will take care of it.
4. Withdraw charge
There are no free ways to withdraw cash without ATMs. MoneyPass ATMs are the only way to withdraw cash for free. There is a $2.50 out of network fee.
Is Bluebird a scam or legit?
Bluebird is 100% legitimate. Although it is not a bank, it is governed by American Express. The account is almost like a checking account. It is also a family-friendly money management tool.
How do I send money using Bluebird account?
Here are the steps to transfer money from your Bluebird American Express Prepaid Card account:
- Sign in to your Bluebird account.
- Click on the Send Money link.
- Enter the recipient’s or payer’s information.
- If you wish, you may add a message.
- Please enter the amount.
- Click the review button.
- Enter the PIN code and click “Submit”. Before sending money from your account, make sure you are using the correct information.
How to apply for a Bluebird Prepaid card?
Bluebird cards are available directly through Bluebird.com or through the Bluebird App or Google Play Store.
- At Walmart Store, you can also get a bluebird account setup kit for only $%, but it is only temporary.
- Enter your complete name.
- Please enter a valid email address and re-enter your email address to confirm it.
- Enter your valid mailing address such as ZIP code, street address, and apartment number. Select your suite, floor (it’s optional), city, and state.
- Enter your valid phone number and choose your phone number. They will never call you for marketing purposes.
- Make a username. Make sure the username contains at least one letter, no spaces, and no symbols.
- Confirm your date of birth.
- Social Security number. (They don’t check your personal credit; they just need to verify.)
- Make an ATM pin. Do not use the same 4 numbers, the last 4 digits of your SSN, or your birth year.
- Answer the security question and choose a security answer.
- Accept their terms and conditions.
Verify your email address. This is the most important step. If everything goes well, your card will arrive at your address within 7 to 10 business days.
Read More: MOVOCash Virtual Prepaid Visa Card
Bluebird prepaid cards charges
Although the Bluebird Prepaid American Express Card offers many free features. However, there are some fees. Here are the Bluebird fees:
- Monthly Charge: $0
- Activation Charge: $0
- Card Cost: Online $0; Retail Store Up to $5
- Direct Deposit: $0 ( direct deposit, cash or debit card at Walmart, online with a debit card, mobile check capture in days)
- Other retail stores: Up to $3
- MoneyPass ATMs Withdraw: $0 (non MoneyPass: $2.50)
- Ria Cash Pickup: Up to $500 at $3; $500-$1,000 at $6; Cashout $1,000 -2,900 at $9 (tax fund only)
- Bill Pay costs: $0
- Spot Payment: $0
- Send money charges: Bluebird to Walmart: $0;
- Bluebird to wall mart: Send up to 450 at $4; Send $50-$1000 at $8; Send $1000-$25000 at $16.
- Inactivity charge: $0
- Other charges: foreign exchange: $0; Card replacement: $0; Customer care call: $0
How to view the Bluebird Prepaid Card balance?
You can check your Bluebird account balance from anywhere at any time. To check your balance:
- Log in to the Bluebird Mobile Account and you will see your account balance and all your last transactions.
- If you are subscribed in the Text Alert Program then text “BAL” to BBIRD(22473).
- To view the five most recent transaction text “HIST” to BBIRD(22473). ( this feature is available if you are enrolled in the Text Alert Program).
- Call Customer support service.
Bluebird provides excellent customer service. For international customers, call 801-449-4016. For US customers, call 877-486-5990.
The top alternatives of Bluebird American Express cards are American Express Serve, Walmart MoneyCard, NetSpend, Payoneer, MOVO cash, Card.com. But all of the American Express service is the superior alternative to the Bluebird Prepaid Card.
It is not a bank, but a very convenient prepaid card account that gives you complete control over your money. There are many free features on the card. It is far superior to other prepaid cards, despite some downsides. Compared to other prepaid card providers, this is not a big deal.
Visit More: PNC SmartAccess Prepaid Visa card
Visit us frequently to read the latest product reviews, tech updates, and tips tricks. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Please stay connected.
Submit your review